Coding with Scratch: Youth will learn the basics of coding through the use of MITs Scratch!!! Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively — essential skills for life in the 21st century.
Build a box: In this workshop, youth teardown and reconstruct PCs, laptops, tablets, phones, etc. This helps our youth to be unafraid of technology and having the satisfaction of restarting these devices. We use iFixit tools and resources. Future workshops will include the use of Raspberry Pi!!!
Our adult programs extends to veterans, ex-offenders, at-risk-youth, people of color and LGBTQ+ community members who need the skills to positively contribute to their family’s well-being and to the overall community at-large. Through our mix of technology assets, we can provide training to individuals across Arizona.
As an CompTIA Academic Partner we prep individuals for global certification: A+ (THE entry level for I.T.), Network+, and Security+. These certifications set a baseline of knowledge to level the playing field across IT. They cover topics like operating systems, hardware, networking and more that apply to every IT discipline. Individuals may qualify for training scholarships and testing vouchers. Taking this training through CompTIA cost $3999 for A+, $2299 for Network+ and $2499 for Security+.
CS50: Introduction to Computer Science (NEW) HARVARD UNIVERSITY!!!
What you’ll learn
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
- How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers
What you’ll EARN!!!
- An Ivy League education
- A certificate of completion from HARVARD!!!